Food Storage Locker - Certified Bear Resistant
Certified Bear Resistant Food Storage Lockers
These Food Storage Lockers are certified by the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee testing protocol to resist bears’ efforts to get into camper’s food stores. See certification numbers is the chart below.
These Model BPFL Food Storage Lockers have been designed … and tested … to keep bears out. The un-bear-able features include:
Construction: The top, sides and door panels are all fabricated using heavy 12 ga. steel plate. The bottom panel is 12 ga. pre galvanized steel to prevent rusting. The corner braces/leg posts are 12 ga. steel formed channels nested inside the formed channel side panel wraps. This design assembly creates strength and rigidity for the box. The Lockers include all welded assembly. Only the galvanized bottom panel is bolted in.
Door Features: The full-swing doors ride on heavy gauge, full-length continuous hinges. The latch door is reinforced with a steel angle. Each door has two latch points for extra strength and security. The BPFL-25 and BPFL-30 locker doors include a total of four latch points - more than any other food locker. The doors can be opened with one hand and comply with ADA guidelines for reach and operability. The doors are easy to swing closed. For safety, the door latch can be disengaged from inside.
- Includes four leveling feet so you can adjust for an uneven surface.
- Includes a set of (4) ½” x 5” concrete screw anchors (#ANC5-4).
- Locker Ceiling is reinforced with formed steel channel that includes hooks for hanging packages of dry goods.
- Wide doors provide easy access for large coolers.
- A locking hasp is welded to the locker frame and extends through the door so the doors can be padlocked closed for security if needed.
- Room inside the locker to open cooler lids without lifting them out. No need to lift heavy coolers out of the locker.
- Air louvers in back panel provide ventilation but restrict insect access.
- Two like size units can be stacked to provide double the storage capacity on less space.
Finish: Textured powder coat finish available in 5 colors: brown (CWT), green (CNT), black (CBT), speckled tan (CTT) and blue (CUT). See Material Options. The pre galvanized steel bottom panel is not painted.
Model Number and Sizes:
(H x W x D) inches
||33 x 26 x 34-1/2
||33 x 47-3/4 x 30-1/2
||33 x 47-3/4 x 37-1/2
Do you also need trash and recycling receptacles? Click here for Certified Bear Resistant trash and recycling containers in three sizes.