RJ Thomas Mfg. Co.
RJ Thomas Mfg. Co., Inc. is the manufacturer of Pilot Rock® brand park equipment and is located in northwest Iowa. We are looking for a qualified and knowledgeable IT Support Specialist that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability/security.
RJ Thomas Mfg. offers its employees a competitive total rewards package including competitive wages, paid vacation & holidays, health, vision, dental insurance, annual bonus, flex spending account and retirement plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Provide orientation and guidance to all users on how to operate existing and new software and computer equipment
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
Skills & Proficiencies:
- Experience with all Microsoft technologies including client operating systems, server operating systems, Office 365, Terminal Services and Small Business Server
- Experience with Active Directory, Domain and Group Policy Administration, and Windows network administration
- Understand the concepts of a router, switch, and firewall.
- Knowledge of local area networks, and printers
- Knowledge of standard networking protocols
- Knowledge software applications and operating systems, including but not limited to Windows 7/10, Server 2012r2, 2016, or 2019 and vmWare knowledge.
- Experience with security infrastructure and software
- Experience supporting mobile devices
- Experience with IT support delivery through remote support tools, help-desk, and managed services
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree in related field (required)
- Network Security: 2 Years (preferred)
- Server Management: 2 Years (required)
Pre-employment drug screening and back evaluation required
← Back to Employment Opportunities