RJ Thomas Mfg. Co.
RJ Thomas Mfg. Co., Inc. is the manufacturer of Pilot Rock® brand park equipment and is located in northwest Iowa. We are looking for a Purchasing Agent that is friendly, detail oriented, self-motivated, and has a history of working with vendors and suppliers. Manufacturing experience and knowledge of fastener and steel products with separate you from other candidates. This is a full-time day shift position. The Purchasing Agent will purchase goods and services according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
RJ Thomas Mfg. offers its employees a competitive total rewards package including competitive wages, paid vacation & holidays, health, vision, dental insurance, annual bonus, flex spending account and retirement plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Purchases goods and services according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Provides quoting support or custom fabrication requests.
- Coordinates with managers to maintain inventory levels.
- Evaluates vendors based on price, reliability, capability, and previous transaction history.
- Works with vendors to negotiate volume, cash transaction, and other available discounts.
- Ensures that purchasing documents are complete and accurate, with appropriate and reasonable terms and conditions.
- Maintains pricing histories and other vendor records.
- Interacts with vendors/customers via telephone, email, online chat, or in person to provide support and information on products or services.
- Collects and enters orders for new or additional products or services.
- Maintains customer accounts and records of interactions with details of inquiries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Proficiencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine purchasing needs.
- May require travel.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least two years of purchasing experience.