Industrial Engineering Technician
Industrial Engineering Technician
RJ Thomas Mfg. Co.
RJ Thomas Manufacturing Company is a high-tech manufacturer focused on the future and committed to investing in the latest robotic, laser, CNC, and PLC equipment. Our continued investments have led to exponential increases in productivity, accuracy, and workplace safety, helping to maintain our level as one of the premier park equipment manufacturers in the world while also expanding into other lanes such as custom fabrication.
Our brand, Pilot Rock, is widely known as one of the top brands for Federal, State, and local parks. In recent years we have made our equipment more available to the general public and have become a staple for homeowners looking to bring the outdoor experience to their backyard.
We are now looking for a motivated Industrial Engineer to add to our great team. This opportunity will provide you with hands-on exposure to some of the newest and most advanced laser and robotic equipment available today! Qualified applicants should possess an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial engineering related fields and possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing work environment. As an Industrial Engineering Tech, you will work to create, develop, and implement efficient manufacturing systems, reducing cost while maintaining standards of operation.
Responsibilities for this opportunity include, but are not limited to:
• Analyze and design facility manufacturing systems and processes with hands-on involvement and all levels through project completion.
• Identify opportunities and implements changes to improve products and reduce costs using knowledge of processes, equipment, quality control standards, product design, materials and parts.
• Collect and assess data pertaining to ergonomics, productivity, and safety.
• Determine root causes of failures and recommend/implement changes in designs, tolerance, or processing methods.
• Design, redesign, or enhance work areas and layouts to improve efficiency and ergonomics.
• Maintain current knowledge of best practices in manufacturing methods, as well as trends and developments in technology and equipment; apply this knowledge to maintain the organization’s competitive edge.
• Identify and assess various problems and departures from established manufacturing standards and best practices; research and recommend possible solutions.
• Provide support and/or training to production personnel in new or existing methods.
• Communicate manufacturing capabilities or other information to facilitate production processes.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of ergonomics and applicable industry standards.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering at a minimum.
• Two plus years of related manufacturing experience preferred.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.m.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to access all areas of the facility and access machinery throughout.
RJ Thomas Mfg. offers its employees a competitive total rewards package including competitive wages, paid vacation & holidays, annual bonus, clothing allowance, health, vision, dental insurance, and retirement plan.
Job Type: Full-time
5-day work week with some weekends when required.
Winter Hours – 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (M-F)
Summer Hours – 6:00 am to 4:00 pm (M-F)
This is a full-time position that requires the winning applicant to work on site Monday-Friday 6:00 am to 4:00 pm in the summer and 7:00 am to 5:00 pm in the winter. This is not a remote position. Physical, drug, and hearing testing are required as a condition of employment. RJ Thomas Mfg. Co., Inc. is an EEO employer.
← Back to Employment Opportunities