Welder, Robot Operator
RJ Thomas Mfg. Co.
RJ Thomas Mfg. Co., Inc. is the manufacturer of Pilot Rock brand park equipment and is located in Northwest Iowa. We are looking for motivated, safety conscious, and detail oriented individuals that possess welding experience and other qualifications to join our team in the production of our steel and stainless steel product line.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Follow all established safety policy, practices and expectations. Ensure welding stations, robots and fixtures are properly set-up, all safety devices are in place and being used in a safe manner.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform product preparations such as part and equipment staging, grinding, drilling, cutting, deburring etc. to ensure accuracy and work flow efficiency, and to provide the paint departments with a properly prepared product.
- Perform periodic and finished work inspections to ensure the quality and dependability of the end product.
- Ensuring operability of wire welders. (i.e. feed setting, change gas tanks, change wire, etc.) Troubleshoot when required.
- Operate a forklift when properly trained and certified.
Qualifications and Skills
Must have knowledge of basic welding and welding tools, processes and equipment and be able to read blueprints and have good mathematical ability. Experience with varying types of industrial steel fabricating machinery a plus.
RJ Thomas employees may be required to cross-train into other departments of the manufacturing plant. These instances are determined by operations and department supervisors. Each employee reports directly to their department supervisor and must foster necessary interactions with supervisory staff as well as fabricators, maintenance staff and set-up employees.
- Employer Discounted Health Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term Disability
- Annual Bonus
- Employee Discount
- Clothing allowance
Job type: Full-time; temp-to-hire
Pay: Based on skill-level (starting at $18.00 for experienced welders)
Education: High school degree or equivalent is required
Pre-employment drug screening and back evaluation required
← Back to Employment Opportunities